Wednesday, August 13, 2014

We Define The Culture
Post 4 "Chin up"

    I live for the night time, I tilt my head as far back as I can and I align my chin with the heavens. I live for the deepest darkest sight to fill my eyes, maybe I can dream as vast as the sky is far off and away. Every second we imagine a life we are not living as if it will be "better". Every day we damn what we have for what we imagine. I dream as if  I'll change the world by never ever changing myself, I dream as a fool.

   If I could imagine the sky as a blanket I'd wrap myself up tighter than any pair of sneakers my mother tied tightly to keep me from leaving home.
If I could imagine each star as a freckle mapping the road less traveled of failure, aspirations, loss, and gain along my body...we'd have a journey. If I could wade in the water-less realm of meteorites, black holes, and abysses I'd begin to dream of being back home. Do you see the gambit? Do you see the hedges for what they are or are you lost in the fact it's a maze? Open your mind wider than your eyes and listen deeper than your ear drums can beat to the flow of your heart. On the higher plain live. Please, live.

       A wise man once told me to find out what I'm living for and once I do I'll be happy. Now the wild nature of such a statement is what is "happiness" and what is "living"? Over the years I've come to a consciousness which has granted a different type of view, a simpler way. Life is merely what we do, speak, and act; life is everything we are. To say something or someone grants you life and or purpose which parallels happiness is false. Your goal in life may be as small as a lady bugs wing or as large as the Atlantic Ridge, yet the size is not the issue.

     To fly one must merely come to terms with falling, You do not need wings of any sorts but the acceptance of any collapse. Life, dreams, flight, destination, fulfillment, these are all self sustainable accomplishments. Within yourself you hold any and every key needed to unlock the doors which hold you back from being the supreme individual you are meant to be. Breathe deep and know that. We are all dreamers fighting the act of falling asleep, dying for a moment to rest. We are all children craving the acceptance of mother earth and father time. We are all the same in so many different ways, and this is the beauty of our existence.

    I live for the day time, I shield my eyes from the overwhelming brightness that I fear I won't ever align to. I life for the brightest light to barrage my eyes, maybe I can dream as tempered as the sun is fiery and bold. Every second we imagine a life we are not living as if it will be "better". Every day we damn what we have for what we imagine. I dream as if  I'll change you, while never ever changing myself, I dream as a man.





Jp
We Define The Culture












 


No comments:

Post a Comment